3/29/2010

Happy spring and a birthday cake

I’m working from home today. Grading tests. It’s not my favorite kind of job, but it needs to be done. And I need to take breaks! LOL! We had a calm weekend, resting after a busy week, and that means I found some time for scrapbooking. I’ve been working on layouts for a competition for quite some time now and I’m totally blocked. The last layout will NOT come out. So I decided to do something else, and that worked fine. Imagine that.

I found this really nice sketch blog the other day - Sketchy Thursday and their sketch for the week really got my mojo jumping again.

Födelsedagstårta This is dear son on his birthday. The cake is very important to him, and he prefers to do it himself. This year he even followed an own recipe he made just for this occasion. Tasted ok… He was very happy with it, mostly (I think) cause he knew exactly what yummieness he had put into it (like loads of chocolate and sugar and vanilla).

I also have a card to share. A first with my new yummy Basic Grey Green at heart paper pad combined with one of my favorite flourish stamps all time (yes you’ve seen it before). The design is based on the fab sketch from Our Creative Corner.

Happy Spring

Papers: Bazzill, Basic Grey

Stamps: Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps

Ink: Versa Fine

Decos etc.: Pearls from Prima, ribbon, MS Edge Punch

Thanks for popping in! Take care and see you soon!

Tesa

10 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Beautiful card - that stamp is perfect with the backgound flower paper. Love the little pearls.

Elzie said...

Hej Tesa! Hoppas allt är väl. Jag bara undrar om ni har flyttat swappen nånstans eftersom ingen skriver därinne. Jag har inte sett nåt sen du skrev svar till mig (tusen tack för det förresten!).
Ha det så gott vännen.
Kram Elzie

Kathy Martin said...

Great page and card! Love the border punch for your card! :)

li-bee-ti said...

Okay, girl! You should put an alert on the title of your post, saying: Please sit back, I'm going to take your breath away!"... I'm no longer that young, you know... LOL

First your lo, you almost made my run and eat that cake... LOL
And then your card... WOW, big one. I WANT that stamp! NOW!
okay, I know I'm childish. Maybe I'm young after all... LOL

Now seriously, the card is awesome!
I love your work, you talented woman! (I hope your students enjoyed your mojo...)

Diana Fisher said...

Love the card and great take on the sketch! So glad you found us!!!! :)

~amy~ said...

How fun that your son baked his own cake!!! Love your layout and your card...I love that border punch...wow!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I really like all of the detail on the LO and the fun story of your son baking his own cake.

Anonymous said...

LOVE that LO; vibrant colors that compliment the pics, the little hat, the lace! And hand written journaling!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I soooooooooooooo love love love this!!! I loveeeeeee the photos, love that he made his own cake!!! and loving that card too!!! great colors!!!! thanks soooooooooooo much for playing along with ST! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

LorettaL said...

This card is fabulous! I'm a huge kraft paper fan!


Thank-you so much for joining us with the OCCC this week!